WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files sent by the website to the computer of the user (normally to the browser), where they are stored and then resent to the website when the user visits it again. Cookies cannot collect any other data from the user’s hard disk, or transmit viruses, or acquire e-mail addresses. Each cookie is unique for the web browser of the user. Some cookie functions may be delegated to other technologies. In this document, the term “cookie” will refer both to cookies themselves and to other similar technologies.
With the help of cookies, it is possible to store information regarding your preferences, like the pages visited or the files downloaded from our websites, or other similar activities during the visit to our website.
FIRST OR THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Cookies may be a first or third party. “First-party cookies” are cookies developed by the Owner of the website, while “third-party cookies “are cookies developed by third parties other than the Owner.
TYPES OF COOKIES
There are different types of cookies:
Technical cookies Technical cookies are only used for the purpose of forwarding communication through an electronic communication network, or as strictly necessary in order to allow the provider of a service provider to the user or subscriber the specific service requested by the same (see art. 122, paragraph 1 of the Code).
They are not used for other purposes and are normally directly installed by the website owner or manager. They may be split into:
- navigation or session cookies, which allow the normal navigation and use of the site (for example enabling a purchase or a login in order to access reserved areas); they are therefore necessary for the correct operation of the website;
- analytics cookies, which are similar to technical cookies and directly used by the website manager to collect aggregate information on the number of users visiting the website and how in order to improve the website performance;
- Functionality cookies, which allow the user to navigate through the website based on a number of selected criteria (for example language, products selected for purchase), in order to improve the service provided. The installation of these cookies does not require preliminary consent of the user (more information in the Cookies Management section below).
Profiling cookies the aim of profiling cookies is to create user profiles. They are used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user during their internet sessions.
The use of profiling cookies requires the consent of the user. According to provision no. 229 of 8 May 2014, the user must have the possibility of authorizing or preventing the installation of profiling cookies, should they be present.
In case of third-party cookies, the website has no direct control of the individual cookies, and therefore cannot affect them (either install them directly or delete them). It is, however, possible to manage these cookies through the browser settings (follow the instructions below), or through the sites indicated in the “Cookies Management” section.
The user is therefore invited to check on the third-party website indicated below.
DURATION OF COOKIES
The duration of cookies is dictated by the expiry date (or by a specification, like closing the browser) set at the moment of installation. Cookies can be:
- temporary or session cookies: used to store temporary information, they allow to link the actions carried out during a specific session, and are removed from the computer when the browser is closed;
- Persistent cookies: they are used to store information, for example, username and password, so that the user will not need to enter them every time that they visit a specific site. These are stored in the computer even after the browser is closed.
- After the connection to this website is terminated, session cookies are no longer stored.
You can enable “anonymous navigation”. This is a function that allows navigating through the web without storing any details of your session in your browser. This function only prevents the storing of navigation details in your browser.
Alternatively, you can disable/delete cookies by accessing your browser configuration page.
ACCEPTING AND REJECTING COOKIES
By continuing your visit to this website, closing the information window or clicking any part of the page, or scrolling to display further content, you accept our Cookies Policy and cookies will be set and collected. In case of refusal by abandoning the website, any cookies locally stored in your browser will stay there but will no longer bread or used by us until you accept our Policy in the future. You will always be able to remove such cookies at any time following the outlined procedures.